Friday, March 13, 2009

Up late before the race..

It's 12:30am, I'm waiting for my kit to dry, and I just opened a can of beans with a knife. Before that I was paroozing new fictions, gamer's guides, and cycling how-to's, over at Border's Books. How did I top it all off? I shaved my legs. To be honest, the shaving cream can is getting a little low.. These days I don't even want to start thinking about shelling over another $5 for Barbasol, entry fees have been breaking my bank and I need it for food. The pantry is a little low and all I've got is a bunch of cheese. Earlier in the week, when I had the flu, mom popped over to Lawrence and dropped off some groceries. In the two grocery bags she brought me were six bags of cheese, she brought me six 8-ounce bags of cheese. That's a total of 3 pounds! I guess the stuff was on sale for dirt cheap. It wouldn't be so bad, but she only brought one loaf of bread and a meager 1 1/2 pounds of meats.. no condiments. Hey, beggars can't be choosers, right? Coincidentally I was out of condiments. Under the circumstances everything I made this week constituted a grilled cheese sandwich. It didn't matter if it was a ham sandwich or tomato soup, there was enough cheese in the recipie, that by law, it had to be called grilled cheese. After all that did I make a dent in my supply? I've still got five bags left.

Right now, the time is going on 12:56am, I'm waiting for my kit to dry sitting in Brad's basement, there's no cheese, just beans. I think to myself, these beans are plain, they sure could use some cheese.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

next time your mom brings you a ton of cheese, we should make quesadillas!! Can't go wrong there!